Fast growing, merit-based law firm seeks associate attorney with experience litigating property damage insurance claims as Plaintiff or Defense counsel.
Candidate must be able to manage a high-volume case load, demonstrate knowledge and experience in litigation process and procedure all while producing high-quality work product, providing superior service and obtaining excellent results. Candidate must possess strong, persuasive oral advocacy and excellent writing skills. Ideal candidate will have some jury trial experience but must have extensive experience taking and defending depositions, handling motion practice and drafting complicated motions and legal memoranda in a clear and concise manner.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Managing large case load of PROPERTY INSURANCE CLAIMS pre-litigation and in litigation;
• Drafting substantive motions and pleadings and responses thereto;
• Negotiating Settlements;
• Client consultations; and
• Member of the Florida Bar in good standing
• Experience: A minimum of 2 plus year’s civil litigation experience, preferably in Property Insurance Litigation
• Experience in federal court is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge and experience in civil litigation with a focus on first party property claims litigation;
• Skilled in evaluating and analyzing potential cases;
• Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision;
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written);
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively;
• Reliable and punctual;
• Self-Starter and goal oriented;
• Motivated and aggressive;
• Proactive and results oriented;
• Must be a team player, personable;
• Must be technologically savvy, comfortable using process management systems
and fully and effectively utilizing technology and automation;
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
Candidate will be hired with a 90-day trial period. Tremendous growth opportunity for the right candidate! *Please reply with your resume, salary requirements and a writing sample for consideration.*